Authorised Test Facility - DVSA
Keep your vehicle on the road at our Authorised Test Facility and accompanying HGV workshop services.
Operating out of our base in Brechin Business Park we have an authorised test facility that is assessed by DVSA (Driver Vehicle Standards Agency). The test which lasts about an hour makes sure HGV and PSV’s are safe and roadworthy.
If for whatever reason your vehicle or trailer fails, we have an onsite workshop that can carry out repairs, meaning that any delays are minimised.
Which vehicles need to take the Annual test for lorries, buses and trailers?
- Good vehicles with a gross weight of more than 3500kg
- Vehicles that are built or have been adapted to form part of an articulated vehicle
- Horseboxes with a gross weight of more than 3500kg
- A-frame trailers and converter dollies manufactured on or after January 1979
- Trailers with an unladen weight of more than 1,020kg with powered braking systems (instead of standard overrun brakes and as well as the required parking brake)
- All public service vehicles with more than 8 passenger seats (not including drivers seat)
HGV & PSV Workshop Services
Keeping your vehicles on the road. Focused primarily on regular commercial contracts, our Carnegie mechanics ensure HGV and PSV fleets are kept safe and roadworthy.
Depending on the age and operating conditions of the vehicle these check-ups are carried out every 4-13 weeks.
In addition, we provide reactive repair work to vehicles that have failed in the Authorised Test Facility (ATF) giving them a quick turnaround service, that minimises any costly delays.
Responsible for the upkeep of our own fleet, our mechanics take pride in their work and are well regarded for their spotless facilities; looking after your vehicle as if it were one of their own.
Our Well-Maintained Fleet
We take huge pride in the presentation and maintenance of our lorries and trailers. Wearing our company colours, they go out looking immaculate each day.
- Each driver ensures daily walk round inspections take place
- Every 6 weeks, our trucks and trailers are booked into our onsite workshop for a routine safety & maintenance check-up
- Annually they adhere to the annual HGV Annual Inspections that are carried out in our test bay by a DVSA Assessor.
You’ll often spot us on the road or at a Country Show, be sure to say hi or give us a wave!